Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tried and true

Last night as I was getting dressed for bed, I had a random realization that the pajama pants I was wearing are almost *10* years old! Crazy, right?! They are a pair of random Old Navy cropped cotton pj pants, with a red, white and blue pattern (so either from Memorial Day or July 4th). I remember purchasing them on a super clearance for something like $4. They are some of my favorite pj pants (just ask my hubbs... I wear them constantly). They are buttery soft, and have fit me through my variety of body sizes. I even wore them for a while when I was pregnant! :)

At any rate, it got me thinking.... what else do I have or use that is tried and true for me? I can be a creature of habit and use the same thing over and over again. A few of the things that came to mind were:

1) Benefit's Boi-ing concealer in medium. -- I was introduced to this concealer sometime after 2003 by my sister, Celia. It has been the ONLY concealer I have used since! No matter my skin tone or the season, this concealer works. It covers the hereditary dark circles under my eyes, as well as the occassional blemish. Plus, it lasts forever! I'm about 25% through my current container, and I think I purchased it sometime last summer.

2) Bath and Body Works Tahiti Sweetie body lotion -- I started using this sometime in 2004, and the only vacation I took from it was after Campbell was born (I was told to use unscented lotion to help with breastfeeding... something about staying true to my natural "scent"...). I just love how light and crisp the scent is.... it is like a little tropical escape! Plus, it moisturizes like no one's business, and gives your skin a little glow. The hubbs is a big fan of the scent, too! :) The downside is that whenever I put it on, I have this insatiable urge to grab a margarita and sit in the sun.

3) Dr. Scholls Zodiac Sandals in black-- I purchased these in 2006, and they are still going strong. I don't know that you can purchase the original ones I own (the textured leather with the buckle on the top), but I see at DSW that you can buy a newer style with the buckle on the side. As soon as I saw the Zodiacs, I wanted them! I rarely have to have a pair of shoes, and rarely will I purchase them right away at full price (momma needs a sale or a coupon, or they have to be todiefor). They are super comfy, and they are just the right bit of dress to wear to work or with a nice dress or skirt, but casual enough to wear with shorts. I love that they have held up for four years (I wear them starting in the spring, through the summer, and into the fall), without any need for repair!

4) Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice -- I started making Key Lime pies sometime in the summer of 2007, and this is the only stuff I use to make them. Sure, I can juice a bunch of key limes, but have you seen how tiny those things are?! Who has the time for that? Plus, you only use a teeny bit of the bottle to make a pie.... so I like to have it on hand to add to my summertime adult beverages. ;-) I always have a bottle of this stuff in the fridge so I can make a pie at a moments notice.... they are quite a hit, if I do say so myself. :)

I'm sure there are others.... but what about you? Are there some products that when you stop and think about it, you realize that you've been using for years? What about clothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment