Bridget Jones' Diary
I typically do not believe in making resolutions on the sole account that I can never keep them. To me, it seems a bit soul crushing to be all hopped up on the "newness" of the year, to make these promises to yourself, and inevitably break them... don't you?
On the flip side, I'm in a rut. I'm finding that I'm in this endless cycle of not really being 100% happy in the end due to the previous choices and habits that have led me to this place. That being said, I think it is time to resolve to make some resolutions. (Disclaimer: the previous statement does not allude to anything cryptic or indicate regret with where I am, so please don't start the rumor mill... I'm simply stating that I'm at a standstill and now it's time to make things happen!)
Here are the things that I'm hoping to do in 2010:
- In 2010, I will be more in charge of my happiness and will seek out situations, people, and places that make me happy. Basically, I will remove as much negativity from my environment as possible.
- In 2010, I will not be afraid of change.
- In 2010, I will get in shape. Seriously. And to do this, I will work out no less than 3 days a week, and one of those days will be with a personal trainer (at least through the end of February).
- In 2010, I will keep the house in better shape. Chores will be completed daily, rather than weekly.
- In 2010, I will pay off all of my credit cards. And I already have a plan in action to do this! :)
- In 2010, I will demonstrate more patience with my family and friends.
Happy New Year everyone.... I know it keeps being said, but 2010 is going to be a great year!