Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cardigan Queen

I have realized that I have way too many cardigans.  On top of that, I wear a cardigan almost every day.  I feel like I need some sort of change, but I can't really figure out how to break that cycle.  Until then, here are two outfits with cardigans!

Outfit #1- VA's weather has been all over the place this past week.  One day it was super breezy and almost 85 degrees, the next it is 60 and rainy.  I think this outfit was from Wednesday, when we had some sun and upper 60s!

 JCrew Factory Jackie Cardigan Spring 2011 (can't remember the color of this, spicy olive?)- medium
JCrew Cafe Capris in black- Summer 2009?- size 6

Can I just tell you how much I adore the Tiered Ruffle tank from ON?  So much that I have 3- black, white, and green!  The tank is incredibly flattering.  The tiered ruffles lay very nicely, and interestingly enough, I swear this tank is tapered in a bit at the waist because it looks like it is cut very close to my natural waist (without the cardigan).  I'm always a bit hesitant with these types of tops because I feel like they add so much bulk to my stomach and waist, so I feel like I need to add a belt to make the top look a little more tailored.  This is not the case with this tank.  A word of warning- I have smalls in all three colors.  I bought the white in store, and tried it on and was very happy with the fit, so I purchased a small in the black and green online.  There is at least 3 inches difference in the length of the tank between the three tops.  I'm still very happy with all three tops, but it is worth noting.  

Outfit #2- By Thursday of last week, the weather peaked back up to the mid 80's with sunshine!  I received an order of Stella & Dot jewelry from a party I attended the Sunday prior, and was excited to work it into an outfit for the week.  I ended up with shades of blues with this outfit- I personally loved it!
JCrew Factory Jackie Cardigan Spring 2011 (a cool minty color)- medium
Lands End pintucked shift dress Summer 2010 (navy blue)- size 8
Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges Summer 2010

The photo is a bit small, and I didn't take a detailed picture of my jewelry, but I'm wearing a really lovely necklace from Stella & Dot called the La Coco necklace in turquoise beads.  This is an incredibly versatile necklace that can be tripled up, doubled, or worn completely long.  I also purchased a fun bee brooch to wear on the necklace, but it was a bit too much with this outfit.  I remembered Coco Chanel's quote, "When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on", and the last thing I added was the bee.  I'll save that beauty for another day.  And I'll make sure to take a better photo of my jewelry, too!

Have you heard of Joss & Main?  If you have used Rue La La, it is a lot like that, but apparently focuses on home accessories and that type of thing.  Preppy Plates, which can only be found at specialty boutiques, will be featured on April 11th, and Lilly Pulitzer will be featured April 18th!  I'm really excited.  I saw a sneak peek of some of the items that should be featured.  Who doesn't need these adorable coozies for a summer BBQ or the wine glasses for a day with the girls?




The best part?  Membership is totally free!  If you use my link by clicking here, though, you don't have to wait in line to become a member (which I've heard is a pretty lengthy line.... waits up to a month or so?!?!).

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I also wear cardigans pretty much every day. I own quite a few Jackie cardigans (12 or 14) as they are my absolute favorite! Both of your outfits are super cute - I especially love the different shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete