Monday, August 10, 2009

Who doesn't love a wedding?

OOOHH I love weddings! I just love wedding dresses, seeing the wedding party, watching the bride come down the aisle, and all that jazz. I cry EVERY TIME the bride comes down the aisle. I don't know what it is, but I just up and cry like I'm getting married. Never mind the fact that I actually laughed as I walked down the aisle... maybe I'm making up for the fact that I didn't cry?



And, oh yeah, if I'm in the "crowd", I definitely mentally critique the bridesmaid dresses. I just sometimes do not get the dresses that people wear in weddings. Maybe the bride is trying to make everyone else look hideous so they look exponentially wonderful... who knows. I tried to make an effort to have my girls wear dresses that they could wear again, and I actually know at least one of my maids who did!



So imagine how over the moon I was when one of my bestest girls in the world decided that she would let the BRIDESMAIDS pick out their dresses? Well, actually I kind of got nervous because we all know that people's idea of appropriate are all over the place. Thank GOD Megan put down some ground rules for her dresses (ex. no cotton, must be black, not too short, not floor length, etc). I searched and searched for a dress.... and folks, it just came in the mail today. I was not photo ready, so no pics of ME in the dress, but here it is from JCrew's website:



Of course, it's in black.... but oh goodness it is WONDERFUL. And I will certainly wear it again. I jumped for joy all over my bathroom after putting it on. The fit is perfect (thank you, amazing customer service people at JCrew... you are WONDERFUL!), and I am so pleased with it. And it doesn't hurt that it was on sale for $99, from it's original $215, either!

And speaking of Megan's wedding... she's getting married in the gorgeous Hendersonville area (think NC's Smokey Mountains) at the Pinebrook Manor. One of my other besties, Angela, and I decided that we wanted to have a more homey stay than just sitting in a hotel, SO, check out the cottage we booked for ourselves and our men.....

The Gardener's Cottage

Now, I just have to cool my jets until the big day.... September 26th! I'm so excited to be part of Megan's wedding... and of course to see my wonderful SBC girls! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have the halter sangle dress in both the caspian blue and the olive color and I just adore them. I wore the caspian blue to my best friend's wedding and she was thrilled with how pretty it was...

    Hope to see in real life photos...

    Great price, btw!

    ReplyDelete