Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I can see clearly now...

There is no shortage of people to tell you that a baby will change your life. People will remind you that you'll maybe have stretch marks, so make sure you use that cocoa butter. People might even inform you that in order to lose those last 10 pounds, you will have to work harder than when you tried to push that little precious baby out and into the world.

But not a SOUL informed me that after having a baby, my skin would look similar to that of a 14 year old smack in the middle of puberty!

The breakouts started when I was pregnant with Campbell. I just kept reminding myself of the old wives' saying "Boys give beauty, girls take it away". I was diligent about washing my face, but honestly, I was the size of a small whale, so I figured that clear skin probably didn't make too big of a difference in my overall appearance. Plus, I am a make-up queen, so I was pretty good at hiding a nasty breakout most of the time.

I figured once Campbell was born, the breakouts would quickly fizzle out. Ok, fine- I was positive that the day after Campbell was born, I would not have any more icky breakouts! I didn't have breakouts before Campbell was born, so I figured that as soon as she was out, I'd be back to my old self. Yeah right.... if the swelling that occurred was any indication, it would be at least 3 weeks, if not longer until my skin was back to it's pre-baby self.

Helloooo.... 14 months later, I was still battling breakouts. My skin was NOT smooth.... I had little bumps covering my cheeks, and I was riddled with large zits that took weeks to get rid of. So, here I was, still trying to lose those last 10 pounds and covered in a face of zits!

I tried everything.... but I wasn't ready to admit that my skin needed serious help in the form of a well advertised product called ProActiv. I've always been able to use Neutrogena or something similar, but alas- we can't keep doing what we've always done. I wasn't ready for the committment with ProActiv though, and found some great reviews with AcneFree. Based on price ($14.99) and convenience (you can buy it at Target, Wal-Mart, etc), I decided to try AcneFree's Clear Skin system.

People- my skin is CLEAR! It has been one week and I have been using the system exactly as it describes (AM and PM, 3 steps each time). My skin is smooth, and I have no breakouts! I, do, experience a tad bit of dryness, but it is a small price to pay for the smooth, clear skin I am now enjoying! My hope is that I can go without wearing make-up more often (before, I wore make-up almost no matter what).

So, for all of you who are having skin troubles, I definitely recommend you check out AcneFree!

No comments:

Post a Comment