Friday, August 6, 2010

A world of changes....

Phew.... it's been a whirlwind couple of weeks (or almost month?).  We went on vacation in the Outer Banks, I've been interviewing for jobs, blah blah blah.  I want to post some pics of our OBX trip.... so I'll try to just do a post with pictures in a bit.  I went on 2 job interviews.... got an offer for the first job, which was at a daycare.  I was somewhat excited about the position (just teaching), but the pay was not going to make life or my wallet very happy.  I took it as a back up and kept looking.  Went on an interview the Friday before we left for vacay, and really wanted the job.  Less than 2 weeks after the interview, I got an offer and accepted (and of course, then called to "quit" the daycare job, though is it technically quitting if you haven't started yet?).  So now, I am officially a claim reviewer for a law firm in town that specializes in big claim settlements between companies and claimaints.  I think it will be a lot of desk work, but I'm excited to be around adults, and to get experience in a job that is outside of the classroom.  I start 8/19!  Oh-- the best part?  It is CASUAL dress 24/7!  Yes, casual!  I am so stoked about that part.... jeans every day?  Yes please!

Let's see, what else?  I can't remember if I mentioned way back when that we had our front porch and door painted.  It turned out very nice, and I think it adds a little flair to the house (though I guess we'll see what the HOA says about it, since our door isn't technically the same as everyone else's.... oh well.).  We've had some monster storms here in Richmond, and my front porch is covered in dead flower petals and leaves.  So, let me get that cleaned up and I'll post some pics.  We also have been working on dolling up the patio.  I know I haven't posted on that either, so I'll work on catching up with some pics on that as well. 
I've been keeping up with the Cto5K running program.... though, sadly, I'm only on week 3.  I probably should be somewhere on week 5 I think, but I ended up doing 2 weeks of week 2 because of vacation (running on the beach is a B*!).  Week 3 isn't too bad.... I did it 3 days in a row to catch up, so I finished it today and I can definitely tell a difference in my stamina.  We'll see if I'm singing that same tune next week though!

It is shaping up to be a lovely weekend.... what will you be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment